Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Recipe for success

I have always known that communication in any relationship is important. Being in a profession where I stress the importance of communication, I have to say that I do sometimes forget to communicate effectively. Partly the ineffective communication is due to fear of hurting others, however, over the years of dating I have figured that saying what’s on my mind is much more important than wanting to protect someone’s feelings. I have found that oftentimes the other party is also thinking the approximate same thing anyway. Over the weekend, Jason helped me in realizing another important fact, which is that those that really care for you; will listen to all that you have to say. There are times when I think what I have to say will hurt or damage a relationship. In reality, however, regardless of how much you think the information might hurt their feelings, they are more interested in listening and helping you through tough times. After all, those people that really care (either be family or in a romantic relationship) for you will want nothing but to see you happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home