Thursday, August 11, 2005

That was disgusting

I drove to Children’s Hospital yesterday using local roads. As I was entering DC from Silver Spring, I noticed a white van with DC temporary plate. We stopped side by side at a traffic light waiting for the light to turn green. As I took a sip of water from my water bottle, I noticed the man in the van (I estimated him somewhere between his late 40s early 50s) talking on the phone while looking my way. Very quickly I turned my gaze and looked out of my driver side window. Not that I thought it was inappropriate to look, but I just did not want to draw attention. So, this van in the next few blocks kept about one or two car lengths away from my car. At a certain point, he was to the left of me and he purposely slowed down to peek into my window. I was completely gross out and felt disgusted. Now, I know he has rights to look at anyone that he wants, but I just have a real problem with the fact that the look is not welcomed. The thought that he might follow me to my destination crossed my mind, and that is a real unpleasant feeling. His gazes at me made me feel like a piece of meat. Ugh, so disgusting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home