Monday, November 14, 2005

First words… and last words

First the good news. Yes it has happened folks! My nephew has spoken his first words that are clearly associated with an object. About two weeks ago he said “baby” while looking at some pictures. Yesterday, my brother took him to a park and while sitting in the playground watching several adults playing soccer, he said “ball” while looking at the ball. Although I have known all along that he knows more than any of us give him credit for, it’s nevertheless very nice to see him grow and understanding the world around him.

Then the bad news. Jason and I are taking a break, and this, I will just leave it at that.

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 10:29 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

He’s being exposing to about 4 different languages right now. There’s English, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Hakka. Actually sometimes he will get Indonesian here and there too. He seems to understand all languages that are thrown his way. It’s funny that he would take a picture book to different people and the book is read in different ways. For example, I would read it to him either with English or Mandarin. My mom would read it to him with Mandarin or Taiwanese. I am excited to see what language he will throw out next!

 
At 11/22/2005 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute. What is Hakka? - Yan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home