Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What would be considered a nightmare for a two year old?

A while ago my mom told me about a dream my nephew had (which amazingly, he still remembers) that can probably be considered a nightmare in a child’s eyes. It goes something like this: Vincent woke up screaming “don’t take it away, don’t take it away!” Upon further investigation, he confessed that he had a dream where someone is taking his candy away from him and that’s why he was screaming. I can just remember the days when candy and chips are so much more important than anything else. So I guess that dream can actually be considered a nightmare for him?!

2 Comments:

At 9/22/2010 4:34 AM, Blogger Alton Thompson 唐博敦 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9/22/2010 4:37 AM, Anonymous Alton said...

Hi, Vivian. What a pleasure to discover your blog.

Here's a dream for the collection of a child psychologist. I had this one when I was 2 or 3 years old.

I walked out of the house to the driveway and climbed into the family car. I took the driver's seat (with my feet sticking straight out in front of me) and closed the door. Somehow, the car started.

The car backed out of the driveway by itself, made it onto the street, then started moving forward. I saw my parents run out of the house into the yard, shouting and waving their arms. But the car was moving faster now and they grew more distant and disappeared. I passed a billboard featuring a big pair of eyes. (The sign, an ad for our development, marked the end of my known universe.)

I couldn't stop the car. It kept going faster as I entered downtown traffic and steered around all the other cars. Soon the town was behind me as well. I was in the country and saw open road ahead as the car went faster and faster and faster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home