Friday, November 10, 2006

I hate DC driving

I have been doing therapy with children and their families for the past few weeks in their homes. As usual, I set out to my client’s home first thing in the morning. The appointment went fine. After the appointment I went into the office to borrow a therapeutic game in preparation for this morning’s appointment with another child. Right as I hopped out of the office, I made my way to the Georgetown area to visit another client. Only I arrived to find that she has been discharged from the hospital and went home! I am so glad that she is feeling better that she is able to go home. Upon receiving that news, I phoned the family and made another appointment so that I can work with them again soon. Feeling ok about my client going home, I started to make my way towards my last appointment. “I am going to make it so much in advance, what am I going to do?” I thought while driving towards 395. Wouldn’t you know it, there’s an accident on 395 where I sat in traffic for an hour and a half! I got increasingly irritated as I sat in traffic and not being able to do much about it. I finally made it to my client’s TWO whole hours later from when I set out for this travel and actually was late for the appointment. So I worked with the family for about another two and a half hours and decided that I should go home. Yes, you’ve guess it. It was bumper to bumper traffic again coming home and it took me an hour and a half to get home for a trip that should have been 40 minutes. Seems to me that the traffic around DC area is just getting worse by the minute and nothing is going to make it better. Oh, and what’s with all the stupid SUVs on the road that blocks my field of vision? So annoying…

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Athena said...

It probably won't help once I move there either. :D

 
At 11/17/2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

Are you moving back to Maryland?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home